What’s with this Valentine’s day business?!?! I believe everyday should be Valentine’s day! Why not show the people in your life you love them every day?!?! So here is a treat you can make for your loved ones or for yourself on Valentine’s day or anytime you feel like! I love making these because it’s easy and delicious!
Recipe via Allrecipes
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- 16 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 pound fresh strawberries with leaves
- Insert toothpicks into the tops of the strawberries.
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate and shortening, stirring occasionally until smooth. Holding them by the toothpicks, dip the strawberries into the chocolate mixture.
- Turn the strawberries upside down and insert the toothpick into styrofoam for the chocolate to cool, or I like to use wax paper when I make these. Lay the dipped strawberries on the wax paper and refrigerate :).