I’ve never been a huge fan of breakfast, unless it’s the Jamaican breakfast Ackee and saltfish with green banana and dumplings ;). I do however know that breakfast is an important meal of the day, so I make sure that I have something before leaving the house. Greek yogurt with ground flaxseed and a blue green smoothie is something that I will make sometimes. It’s super healthy, quick to make, and carries me through the morning. And if you don’t want to make it for breakfast it makes for a great snack! Here are the ingredients below:
*Photos by me
Greek Yogurt with Ground Flaxseed:
- The Greek Gods Greek Yogurt Honey Flavor (Greek yogurt is much healthier than regular yogurt, see why here). Bought at WholeFoods.
- Spectrum Ground Flaxseed with Mixed Berries (groung flaxseeds with bits of real blueberries, strawberries, & cranberries. Rich in Omgea-3 (ALA) fatty acids and 3g of fiber). Bought at WholeFoods.
Blue Green Smoothie: Yields about 12-16 oz.
- 8 oz. Vanilla Almond Milk or Soy Milk, Coconut Milk
- 2 handfuls of Kale taken off the stem
- 1 Banana
- Handful of frozen blueberries
- 2-4 scoops of Hemp Protein or Whey Protein (Optional)