If you want to gain length but frustrated with your results here are 5 tips that just might put you on the path to achieving more length.
- Patience: Learning this can not only save you precious strands when detangling but also internally will make you much happier in the process of attaining length which will more than likely reduce abuse to your strands.
- Baby steps: Eye on the Prize? Instead of thinking years ahead of the length you want to attain try to focus on 3 or 6 months down the line. This will give you a better idea of what is working for your hair or perhaps what isn’t so you can access and make the necessary changes
- Diligence: This is the only way you will achieve length. Making sure your hair is properly and constantly moisturized and maintained with healthy hair care practices catered to your strands only happens with diligence without it you are risking dryness and the health of your hair which could lead to breakage.
- Setting Realistic goals : For example if your goal is length, hair only grows on average ½ a inch a month so setting a hair goal of 1-2 inches per month is unrealistic and you are only setting yourself up for disappointment and setbacks.
- Looking at setbacks positively: Realize setbacks are just steps along you hair journey to achieving your goals. Without those failures you will not know what doesn’t work for your hair and in knowing this you are on your way to finding a regimen that truly works to reach your hair length goals.
These 5 tips helped me tremendously during my years to attain and maintain length