After stuffing myself with one of the best Thanksgiving meals cooked by my boyfriend of roasted chicken stuffed with turkey sausage/apple/cranberry stuffing, parmesean/rosemary crusted macaroni and cheese, sweet potato mashed potatos and scallion saute’ spinach closing with a brown sugar/turkey sausage/green pepper/onion cornbread loaf cooked by myself, let’s just say I ate way more than what my body could handle. Now that Thanksgiving has passed I know many of you might be wondering what to do with the massive amount of turkey or chicken you may have leftover. Well this quick and easy recipe from one of my favorite recipe sites; allrecipes.com, provides the perfect solution, a twist on the classic potpie meet… Turkey a la King.
Turkey a la King
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup chopped cooked turkey or chicken (tofu as well)
- 1/3 cup frozen peas, thawed
- salt and pepper to taste
- puff pastry shells
- In a large skillet over medium low heat, cook butter until golden brown. Saute’ mushrooms until tender. Stir in flour until smooth. Slowly whisk in chicken broth, and cook until slightly thickened. Stir in cream, turkey and peas. Reduce heat to low, and cook until thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Let cook for 5-10 mins
- Proceed to stuff pastry shells
Ready in 30 mins
*For additional flavor add tbsp or two of Marsala wine
What is your favorite leftover Thanksgiving recipe?