Please excuse me if you find this post rather confusing. My disclaimer is, I am a single mom who doesn’t get enough sleep, so I’m usually in a state of delirium and this is definitely one of those days. Here is my current list of products I use on my hair and in the order of how I do my regimen. Click on the names of the products for ingredients and where to purchase them. Keep in mind, I use all the same products and the same regimen whether I wear my hear out in a wash and go or whether its in a protective style :).
Deep conditioner: (Done once a week before I shampoo)
Shampoo: (Done once a week)
-Trader Joe’s Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo (It’s $4.00 at Trader Joe’s)
Conditioner (Done once a week and I switch up my conditioners)
- Say Yes to Carrots Conditioner or (purchase ate Walgreens or Target)
- Shea Moisture Organic Yucca & Baobab Volumizing Conditioner ( This conditioner is still undergoing a review from me, but so far it’s been good to my strands, and I have 2 bottles to use up:))
I semi-dry my hair with one of my son’s old cotton shirts :).
Leave-in Cream or Leave-in Conditioner (Done after my wash & condition, as well as through out the week when I feel my hair needs some added moisture)
- Curls Curl Souffle or (you can purchase at Ricky’s NYC stores)
- Giovanni Direct Leave-In Weightless Moisture Conditioner or (you can purchase this at Target, The Vitamin Shoppe, or other online stores)
- Flax seed gel I have just started making this and using it on me and my son’s hair the last few weeks, and I love it! I use it mostly when I’m wearing protective styles.
Sealing (This is my last step after applying my leave-in. It is also done any time during the week when my hair feels dry and I feel the need to re-moisturize. I switch up with the oils as well).
Moisturizing Spritz ( I have two different spritzs that I switch between. I try to spritz my hair at least every other day or whenever my hair feels dry to put moisture back into the strands. Then I reapply a bit of leave-in cream or leave-in conditioner and reseal with an oil or butter).
- Get a small spritz bottle and fill with 75% distilled water and 25% Vegetable Glycerin
- Georges Always Active Aloe Vera Juice or ( you can purchase this from The Vitamin Shoppe like I do) I don’t dilute the aloe juice with water, I just use it as is.
I clarify my hair with apple cider vinegar rinses at least every 3-4 weeks. This rinse ensures getting rid of any build up or extra bacteria that maybe lurking around on my scalp :). I use 2 cups of distilled water and mix in 1/4 cup of any brand apple cider vinegar. I use it after I was the conditioner out of my hair and rinse out before applying my leave-in’s.