I have done some tweaking with my hair regimen over this last year, so here is a list of products that are my staples and apart of my current regimen:
Shampoo: (Done once a week)
Conditioner: (Done once a week)
- Say Yes to Carrots Conditioner or (purchase at Walgreens or Target)
I semi-dry my hair with one of my son’s old cotton shirts .
Deep conditioner: (Done once a week after I shampoo)
- Camille Rose Naturals Algae Deep Conditioning Mask (or you can purchase at select Targets)
- My Honey Child Olive You
- Aubrey Organics GPB Conditioner Once a month for protein (or you can purchase from the Vitamin Shoppe)
Leave-in Cream or Leave-in Conditioner: (Done after my wash & condition, as well as through out the week when I feel my hair needs some added moisture)
- Karens Body Beautiful Sweet Ambrosia Lavender Vanilla fragrance (or you can purchase at select Targets)
- Camille Rose Naturals Curlaide Moisture Butter (or you can purchase at select Targets)
- Giovanni Direct Leave-In Weightless Moisture Conditioner or (you can purchase this at Target, The Vitamin Shoppe, or other online stores)
Sealing : (This is my last step after applying my leave-in. It is also done any time during the week when my hair feels dry and I feel the need to re-moisturize. I switch up with the oils as well).
- Jamaican Black Castor oil (I use this for the ends of my two strand twists)
I moisturize my hair every two days using water, then apply one of my water based leave-in’s as mentioned above or I apply extra virgin coconut oil. I use a silk scarf to tie my hair down when I have it in two strand twists. This helps make the twists last for 2-3 days.