If you adore pasta and cheese or a huge fan of lasagna then you will love this Spaghetti Pie dish. I found this recipe about a year ago on one of my favorite recipes sites; allrecipes.com and cooked huge dishes on a many of occasions for my family and man and they absolutely loved it, so I definitely wanted to share one of my all-time favorite dishes with you. Not only is this recipe easy and quick to make but substituting some of the ingredients such as the beef for perhaps ground turkey, tofu or veggies will still keep the overall flavor of this recipe! Bon Appetit
- 1 (6 ounce) package spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook and drain spaghetti. Stir in margarine, parmesan cheese and eggs, while spaghetti is hot. Form spaghetti mixture into a crust in a buttered 10 inch pie plate.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a skillet cook the beef, onion, green pepper and garlic. Drain off the fat and stir in the undrained tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar and oregano. Heat through.
- Spread cottage cheese over the spaghetti crust then pour in the beef and tomato mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 20 minutes. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the top of the pie then bake for 5 minutes longer, until cheese melts.
* I made some additional changes to this recipe because if like me then you are definitely an herb and season-holic.
Ricotta cheese: Added cumin, sea salt, paprika and curry powder. Simply mix with the ricotta cheese before you place on top of the spaghetti
Beef: Replaced with Ground turkey and added a ½ cup of brown sugar, basil and ground pepper to the ground turkey, onions, green pepper and onions.
Pesto Sauce: Place pesto sauce on top of the beef before sprinkling on the mozzarella cheese but because of the consistency of the sauce. The pesto sauce can also be mixed in with the tomato paste and sauce. Use an entire 6.7oz jar.
Mozzarella Cheese: Once mozzarella cheese is sprinkled, added an additional layer of sprinkled parmesan as well.
One 14oz can of tomato sauce
Visit http://allrecipes.com for hundreds of more delicious recipes!